Certified Software Project Manager (CSPM) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of software project management in the IT profession.
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites listed below:
- A 4 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 2 years experience in the information services field
- A 3 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 3 years experience in the information services field
- A 2 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 4 years experience in the information services field
- Six years experience in the information services field
- Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation.
An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the ISCB.
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide upon request detailed education, employment, and reference documentation supporting the information entered in the Customer Portal during the application process. If selected the applicant must supply the required documentation and those who fail to provide the requested documentation may be subject to de-certification.
Examination Details: (CSPM)
Candidates are tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the CSPM CBOK. The exam itself is paper-based consisting of four parts:
- Parts 1 & 3 – Constructed response (essay) questions / 45 minute time limit).
- Parts 2 & 4 – Constructed response (essay) questions / 75 minute time limit).
There is a total of 25 to 35 questions and the exam will take over 4 hours to complete which includes a 10 minute break after the first three parts. The passing mark is 75% which is the average score of both parts.
Initial Application & Fee: (CSPM)
For those who qualify for the CSPM certification and are prepared to establish candidacy must complete an online Certification Candidacy Application in the Customer Portal and pay the application fee.
The CSPM application fee is:
- $400.00 ~ All fees to be paid in US Dollars
The application fee includes the following:
Instant access to a PDF file of the CSPM CBOK (476 pages) which is a useful tool to help prepare for the exam. After payment go to the CBOK Manuals page of Customer Portal for access.
The candidates Initial Exam which must be taken within one year from the date payment was processed or the application will expire (see Application Length).
With inputs from softwarecertifications.org
Thanks for visiting Testifications! Visit QAInsights.com to get free updates on Software Testing.